Monday, March 30, 2009

Miscommunication

At this point in my life, I have only had one real job to speak of and that was as a cashier at a grocery store. However, this provided for many miscommunications between myself and the customers. Time after time, there would be customers who could not comprehend anything I was telling them and would become frustrated or annoyed with me when I was not the person making the rules and regulations regarding company policy. I would simply tell the customers how the store handled situations from payment methods to assistance with their groceries and if they did not like my response, they would have no qualms about letting me know it. I could not relay them the message that I was not in charge here and I would gladly let them talk to a manager about whatever issue they may be having. Instead, they would throw a temper tantrum at me and rush out of the store in a rage. Had the customer just calmed down for a second or two and realized the situation, everything could have been avoided and they could have talked to a manager about what their issue was. Nevertheless, this was not the case and they insisted upon yelling at me for no particular reason. This is my main reason for never wanting to work in retail ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment